Nothing screams “Happy New Year” like Christmas clearance, the sad moment at your local Starbucks when they say “We’re out of gingerbread syrup” and the January Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale.
Ladies (and gents because hello to those new dapper ties) the event is here and it’s time to dust off your credit card and get cozy for those wait times. This sale generally is not as popular as the August After Party Sale – simply because most of the country is bundled under blankets and not as tuned into resort wear – but that doesn’t mean the sale isn’t just as jam-packed with beautiful pieces.
Why Is The Lilly Pulitzer After-Party Sale Such A Big Deal?
This sale is major because it only happens twice a year: once in January and the other in August. Unless you’re lucky enough to live near a Lilly Pulitzer store, this may be the only time you have access to any kind of sale on the merchandise (there’s no sale section on the website,) but never fear ladies: the sale can be shopped in-house should you prefer to try the pieces on in person. So consider this your official invitation of Lilly’s largest shopping party of the summer:
You’re Cordially Invited To The “Lilly Pulitzer After-Party Sale”
When: January 3-4, 2018
*Sale Starts Promptly At 8aET*
Prepare to shop all your favorite categories for markdowns of over 50% off including: dresses, tops, bottoms, accessories and gifts. You can easily expect a $200 dress to be under $100, so this is nothing to scoff your nose at. In August, all of my purchases were originally $150-200 and I was able to snatch them up for well under $100.
How Does The Sale Work?
Beginning at 8aET on Wednesday, 1/3 the After-Party Sale will open to the public. While the event is primarily an online event, there is a digital line all shoppers will have to wait in to access the sale. Because of this element I highly recommend utilizing your tablets, desktops and laptops to help secure a better place in line and also trouble shoot any issues you may experience day-of. The traffic to the site will be tremendous on Monday morning, so plan on being patient if the site crashes (it happens almost every time but the Lilly staff is amazing about fixing the bumps.) Having alternative options on ways to access the sale will help you – should there be any problems day-of.
Once you’re in the site, make sure to move quickly. It’s important to note simply placing an article in your cart will not hold it for you. Only until you’re in the checkout process will you be able to actively “reserve” the items in your basket. This is why prioritizing your purchases is so crucial to your strategy; if you need a white dress, buy that first. Lilly will continue to update the sale as the days pass, so plan on visiting the site all three days; your second and third time entering the sale is when you should be “window shopping,” not Monday morning.
Tips For Shopping The After-Party Sale
1. Bookmark this link to the Lilly Pulitzer After-Party Sale. You’ll want to go straight there and not worry about finding it on Monday. Plus and additional questions you may think of can be answered here by Lilly staff.
2. Know your sizes in advance. From my experiences, I’ve found Lilly Pulitzer runs a little big, so feel free to size down! I typically wear a size 2 in most dresses, but with Lilly usually wear a XS or 0. Shoes are always tough to shop online I’ve found and thankfully Lilly fits TTS. If you want to re-familiarize yourself with the Lilly Pulitzer Sizing Chart before the sale I’ve linked it here.
3. Set up a Lilly Pulitzer account if you don’t already have one. In order to shop the sale, you will need an active account, so save time in advance by making sure all your information is up-to-date and you know your password.
4. Make sure you allow yourself plenty of time to shop! It’s always a smart move to block out at last two hours for the sale, if you’re planning on shopping at 8aET on 8/28. Budget time for waiting in the digital line, the site moving slower due to increases traffic, site maintenance and whatever time you want to spend browsing the sale. Make sure to set those alarms for an early wake up and have a good playlist ready to go!
5. Don’t just buy to buy. The sales will be amazing, but your eyes may be bigger than your wallet. Know what you need to add to your closet and be prepared with your sizing information. The sale is fast-paced, so be prepared for a sprint!
6. Understand the shipping process. The After-Party Sale is infamous for offering free ground shipping on all orders (can I get an amen) which means there may a longer wait process than normal. Stay patient and know you might have to wait up to two weeks to receive your complete haul – but when it arrives, remember the weather will still be warm enough to wear immediately!
Get excited, ladies! I’ll be circling back on Monday with my top picks from the sale and keeping you all updated! Feel free to commit with any questions or tweet at me! xoxo